Wastewater Solutions from MELTRIC
MELTRIC’s Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles allow technicians to make safe and easy wastewater equipment connections.
They enable mixers, pumps and other equipment to be changed out with plug and play simplicity. Portable generators can even be quickly connected or disconnected. And electricians can avoid having to make ‘after hours’ calls to remote locations.
Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles ensure protection from arc flash while simplifying conformance to electrical safety standards. Use of the device is a NFPA 70E defined “Normal Operation” so personal protective equipment is not required.
Safety is assured at all times because an integral switch mechanism in the receptacle safely deenergizes the plug before an operator can withdraw it.
Once the plug is removed a safety shutter protects the operator from live parts and the plug can be easily locked out. An optional feature allows the receptacle to be locked to prevent unauthorized disconnection.
Other key features include
• Optional auxiliary contacts for thermal overload or seal leak detection.
• UV resistant poly casings for excellent protection from the sun
• Solid Silver nickel, butt style contacts for reliable performance in corrosive wastewater environments.
• And automatic watertightness as soon as the plug is mated to the receptacle or the lid is closed.
With MELTRIC switch-rated plugs and receptacles installed wastewater plant superintendents can be confident knowing they have taken appropriate steps to minimize downtime and protect their workers and customers from electrical hazards.
Models are available with ratings from twenty amps to two hundred amps. And from three-quarter horsepower all the way up to one hundred horsepower.
To learn more visit Meltric.com and
• Download a Wastewater solutions brochure,
• read a case study
• Watch additional related videos
• Peruse the product catalog
• Or view contact information for your local sales representative.