Effective August 9th, 2021, the DS100, DR150, DSN150, and the DSDC9 will be supplied with a new, improved metal receptacle casing. This change elevates the design of the casing so that it is similar in appearance and performance to other MELTRIC product lines.
- New robust material. The metal casing is now made of injected Aluminum for improved impact resistance.
- Red dot indicator mark has been added on the receptacle casing and inlet for easy accurate connection.
- A silicone double-lipped gasket is now assembled in the receptacle casing as opposed to the receptacle lid. This allows for Type 4X, IP69 watertightness when the receptacle casing lid is closed and/or the inlet/receptacle is connected.
- The lid now opens at a 180˚ angle as standard instead of the previous casing lid which only opened at a 90˚ angle. The option for a 180˚ angle is no longer necessary and has been removed.
- The new pawl is now larger and more robust with the addition of a red “stop” label.
Can I still order the -4X watertightness option?
The -4X option is no longer available on the DS100, DR150, DSN150 and the DSDC9 because Type 4X watertightness
is now standard.
Will the new and improved metal casing on the receptacle mate with an existing inlet that has a 4X rating?
Yes the metal casing for the receptacle will mate with an existing inlet that has a 4X rating. Additionally, the metal casing can also mate with an existing inlet that does not have a 4X rating. This allows for Type 4X, IP69 watertightness when the receptacle casing is closed and/or the inlet/receptacle is connected.
Can I still order the -180˚ option for the 180˚ lid?
The 180˚ option is no longer available on the DS100, DR150, DSN150 and the DSDC9 because this feature is now standard.
Are there new part numbers for the new metal casing?
No. The part numbers on the metal casings will stay the same.
Will there be a price increase?
Yes. There will be a small increase. Price list can be found on MNET.
Is the casing the same size?
The actual dimensions are slightly larger on the casing. However, the mounting dimensions remain identical and the casing remains compatible with existing inlets and all accessories. (See attached PDF for drawing)