Benefits of DECONTACTOR™ Technology
Providing Benefits throughout Your Facility
MELTRIC DS and DSN Series Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles combine the safety of a switch with the convenience of a plug and receptacle in one reliable, cost-effective device. They provide user safety, arc flash protection, code compliance, and operating cost benefits that are not possible with other devices.
The design and performance capabilities of MELTRIC DS and DSN Series Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles eliminate problems common with other plugs and receptacles and provide long operating lives that improve reliability and help reduce unplanned maintenance downtime.
- Butt style contacts provide consistent and optimal contact force for thousands of operations. This eliminates the inherent problems with pin and sleeve contacts that wear with use resulting in poor, high resistance connections over time.
- Solid silver-nickel contact material provides excellent conductivity that does not degrade significantly with oxidation or in harsh environments. It also resists welding due to arcing and provides good wear resistance. By contrast, the brass material used in most other plugs and receptacles is not arc resistant and wears, oxidizes and tarnishes easily, so its electrical performance can degrade significantly in normal use.
- Spring-assisted terminals compensate for the effects of strand settlement, temperature cycling and vibration that can cause terminal screws on other devices to loosen and create high resistance connections and potential damage from overheating.
- Rated watertightness is achieved simply by connecting the plug to the receptacle. This eliminates failures due to water ingress seen on pin and sleeve devices when the additionally required watertightness ring is not threaded on or turned into position.
- Available auxiliary contacts allow control and monitoring signals to be incorporated into the power connector, eliminating an additional connection point.