Zone 2 Hazardous Location Devices
Class 1 Zone 2 Division 2 CSA Listed Hazardous Location Plugs and Receptacles
What Does a Zone 2 Rating Mean?
Products are safe to use where fire or explosion hazards may exist due to flammable gases, flammable liquid-produced vapors, or combustible liquid-produced vapors.
- Mining and Extraction
- Chemical Plants
- Oil and Gas Facilities
- Wastewater Facilities
- Aircraft Hangers
- Mobile Equipment
- Portable Equipment
- MELTRIC’S Zone 2 plugs and receptacles boast higher amperage than other hazardous location products.
- Eight of the MELTRIC devices can be used at 600 volts with pilot contacts.
- The DS and DSN lines include motor circuit HP ratings.
- DS and DR devices range from 20-250A, 600 VAC.
- The DSDC devices are available at 20-200A, 250 VDC.
- Devices come standard with a spring-loaded lid to promote closure; this helps with protection against water, dirt, and other materials. Please note: while the lids spring back, they don’t fasten automatically; manual closure is still necessary.
- Type 4X Environmental Rating
- Zone 2 devices are not intended to be connected or disconnected under load; screw-type locking pawls provide security against accidental connection/disconnection.
- Devices include standard lockout holes for easy NFPA 70E lockout/tagout compliance.
- Black heavy-duty poly or metal casings and accessories provide visual differentiation between hazardous location plugs and receptacles and standard devices.
- A full complement of handles and wall boxes are available to meet code and operational requirements.
Device Production Notes:
Devices are CSA listed. Zone 2 devices are not intended to be connected or disconnected under load.
Class 1 Zone 2 Division 2 Hazardous Location Plugs and Receptacles:
- DS20 • DR30 • DSDC1
- DS30 • DR50 • DSDC3
- DS60 • DR100 • DSDC6
- DS100C • DR250 • DSDC9
- DS200 • DSDC2