Plug into Safety with MELTRIC
Don’t let injuries, fines, and higher insurance premiums from electrical accidents jeopardize your business’ game plan. Understand the statistics and make electrical safety a priority at your facility.
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics reports 136 workplace fatalities due to electrical accidents.
- The Electrical Safety Foundation International reports 1,640 workplace electrical injuries in 2016.
- Lockout/Tagout and Electrical Wiring Methods were the most common electrically-based OSHA violations over the past five years. LOTO ranked #5 in 2018.
- OSHA fines range from $12,934 to $129,336 per violation, depending upon the infraction type.
Electrical Safety Resources
- NFPA 70 National Electrical Code
- NFPA 70E - Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace®
- OSHA Electrical Safety Information
- Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI)
As a leader in the electrical manufacturing industry for more than 35 years, MELTRIC engineers and builds reliable, durable industrial electrical connections that emphasize electrical and user safety.
MELTRIC manufactures safe, reliable UL/CSA switch-rated plugs and receptacles with DECONTACTOR™ technology and push-button circuit disconnection. These all-in-one devices combine the safety and functionality of a disconnect switch with the convenience of a plug and receptacle.
MELTRIC’s Switch-Rated plugs and receptacles with DECONTACTOR™ technology:
- UL/CSA switch-rated for branch and motor disconnects
- Safely make and break electrical connections under full load
- Dead-front safety shutter and arc chamber eliminate electrical exposure
- Built-in lockout/tagout provision
- NEC and OSHA “line of sight” compliant